Are you also done with those love handles, and trying to tuck in your stored fat with high-waisted jeans?
Well, you are not the only one. But you don’t want to be one of them, Right?
Belly fat is indeed hardest to lose, and most dangerous to keep. If there’s plenty of fat stored, then your internal organs are definitely in danger. Fat doesn’t let them function properly. You need a healthy lifestyle as soon as possible. You can see that unattractive bulges around your waist, also known as visceral fat. This fat circulates all around your bloodstream, which puts you at great risk of diabetes and major heart disease as well.
You must have thought and imagined having a toned, bulging free body. But if you think of specifically having that, then sorry to break this to you but spot reduction is a myth. You can’t lose fat from a spot. You lose overall weight from your body. Yes, there are core targeted exercises that will give you a stronger as well as tight core within a few weeks of practice.
So, if you are ready to put your sweat and hard work into losing that stubborn belly fat. Then below are 7 best exercises to lose belly fat fast and sustainably:
Burpees is a high-intensity exercise. It requires your full-body movement. With your core, chest involved in this exercise, there are high chances of feeling sore in your arms, chest, shoulders, thighs.
Here’s how you can do it easily:
- Stand straight with your feet apart covering the distance as much of your shoulders, in a low squat position forwarding your shoulders.
- Place your hand on your waist. With a hop put, your chest will be touching the floor.
- Take a push against the floor and try to lift your body, jumping your feet outside your hand.
- In the same position, jump overhead in the air resulting in your hand waving above your head.
2. Abdominal crunches
Abdominal crunches, also known as ab crunches are the most versatile form of exercise for anyone. From beginners to intense workouts, it is included in every routine. It’s beneficial for reducing your lower back pain and strengthening your spin. It helps you reduce fat by a lot of calories.
Steps to do ab crunches:
- Place your back over the ground, knees bent and apart according to your hip width.
- Place your hand below your hand, locking them out, elbows open.
- With a deep breath, lift your torso. Head still on the ground and not putting too much pressure on your neck. Try to engage your core muscles as much as you can.
- Do at least a few sets of it. Minimum 50 repetitions to have great results within a few weeks.
3. Bicycle abdominal exercise
Bicycling is one of the most suggested activities if you want to lose overall weight and be healthy. Bicycle abdominal exercise focuses mainly on your core and shredding fat.
- Continuing from abdominal crunches, keep your hand behind your head only.
- Hold your knees above, closer to your chest.
- Straighten one leg, and bring the other leg closer to your chest.
- Do the same exercise in sets. At Least 20 on each side, to see visible changes.
4. Mountain climbers
Plank is said to be the most engaging exercise for the core. But moving planks puts more pressure on your core, strengthening it. Mountain climbers are a type of moving plank only.
- Starting with a high plank position, put your palms, or wrist under your shoulder.
- Pull your belly button in, while tightening your core.
- Bring your right knee over your left chest, and do the same with the other knee.
- Repeat this at least 50 times. 25 steps each knee.
5. Russian twist
If you have been working out for quite some time. You must know about this exercise. One of the most basic yet most effective exercises to lose belly fat fastly. It’s a core-oriented exercise. The main goal is to improve the overall strength of the oblique. It is done by rotating your torso. Let’s see the steps to do it.
- Sit with your knees straight on the ground. Now come in a bent position, putting your heels, feet off the ground.
- If you have a ball, hold it. Or either join your hands and hold your upper body with them.
- Take a small lean backward, maintaining a 45degre angle.
- With this position, turn your torso opposite to the side of your hand movement.
- When you do this, try to squeeze your oblique as much as you can.
Remember, it is a core engaging movement, and try not to include your arms.
6. Medicine ball burpees
If you really want to have a toned body, with increased metabolism. Then medicine ball burpees can help you a lot. Research has shown magnificent results when you add a medicine ball to your burpees.
Steps to do medicine ball burpees:
- Come into a burpee position, i.e standing with your feet shoulder-distance apart. Hold the medicine ball.
- This time instead of putting pressure in the air, move the ball above and slam it on the ground with full force.
- As you slam the ball, move forward and get into a seated position with the help of your butts.
- Jump off on a high plank position with your hand on the ground this time.
- Get into a squatted position, with a jump-off with your feet.
- Get your ball, and move it above you, repeating the slam.
Researchers have said that “It takes the traditional burpee to the next level by having you touch your chest to the ground, then push-up to plank as you continue the move”. Sprawls are said to be burpees, but this time engaging your full body. It’s another high-intensity workout. It involves various muscle groups so that one can burn maximum calories at one go. It’s a great exercise for shaping and toning down the upper as well as lower body.
Here’s how you can start doing it:
- Get into a burpee position, needless to explain.
- Get into a squat, with your hand on the ground.
- Jump back into a plank position, then again jumping back into a squat position with your hands on the ground.
- With a jump, stand straight.
This is how you have to repeat multiple sets to see some amazing results.
These were calorie-burning exercises to get your toned body. Along with this, try to be in a calorie deficit to see great results.